Parents : Is social media stealing our attention?

It’s 5 am on a Saturday morning. I open Instagram and begin scrolling. Hundreds of videos of cats, memes, people’s food and much, much more.



I check my phone: it’s 6 am. I feel that sense of shame- another productive morning wasted. I should have continued sleeping. What is the point of waking up early if I am going to be browsing the internet? I am punishing myself at this point.

As a mom who tries to be productive, we have all been here. Perhaps you are reading this article as a mean of escaping your reality. If that’s the case, I hope you find this read compelling enough to keep you going till you get some inspiration.

At the same time, a part of me wishes you stop reading. In fact, don’t read this if your child is looking at you crying for your attention. Come back here when you have given him/her your 100% self. That’s the best advice I can give.



If you are still here despite having something important to do- I have another advice: avoid “addictive” media. It is designed to grab your attention and hook you from the minute you log in. It’s easier to keep scrolling on your phone than to get out of bed.

Read more kidsnclicks.com

Amelia Stevens

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu